Hello my name is Michelle. I am from California but currently in Alaska for work. I am a student at University of Alaska Fairbanks completing my associates degree in arts and a bachelors degree in social work. I expect my blog to be a safe place to share art work and ideas. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself. 


Art helps me process my emotions and helps me understand my surroundings. Art gives me the opportunity to see things from a different perspective. I remember watching my uncle paint along with a Bob Ross tutorial I believe it was my first interaction with art. I have always appreciated how art made me feel. It helps create a form of communication. We express ourselves by the connection through art forming relationships. 








                         Tutorial 

Comments

  1. Super excited to read this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good old Bob Ross. My God daughter and I wanted to do his tutorials, but found the expense quite limiting. Bob Ross lived in Anchorage for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michelle I am also from California. I love to see other people from my state it makes me feel happy that there are others who enjoy art and are from the same state as me. I also feel the same way about art as you do. It helps me express what I am feeling or just what I have been thinking in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle! I have never been to California before, but would love to visit someday. The art picture you posted is so beautiful! Mountain paintings are some of my favorite. I love how you highlighted that art brings about an expression of ourselves. I see this fact to be very true in different art I have created. I am excited to read your blogs throughout the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Michelle, living in Alaska compared to California must be a lot different, I like Alaska but cannot wait to get out here. I really like how you can understand your surroundings and be able to process your emotions through art that is extremely interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Michelle, I just came back from vacation in California and things are certainly very different there. I hope you're adjusting well to such a different climate. I too enjoy Bob Ross tutorials; they are always so relaxing and positive which I really enjoy. I hope you have a good time this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle, thanks for sharing! I quite enjoy acrylic painting in my free time, but have yet to attempt a Bob Ross tutorial. In my high school art class my teacher would play his videos in the background while we painted and I enjoyed learning a bit about his techniques. Super neat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baroque, The Consequences of war

The two Fridas(Las dos Fridas)